Port St Lucie is a city located in Florida and sits about two hours north of Miami and about two hours south of Orlando, Florida. I have enjoyed living in the city for over eight years and has sold homes in the city and surrounding cities as well including Fort Pierce. When I first moved there were very little big box stores and a lot of trees, but a lot has changed since 2010, and the city has grown a lot.
I have had the opportunity to see a lot of improvements over the years as I raised and homeschooled my son. I have really enjoyed watching the city grow and enjoyed helping families locate their perfect home. But before you move to Port St Lucie, I would like to make you aware of when you can expect should you decide to relocate, travel, or visit Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- Port St. Lucie has a population as of July 2019, according the U.S Census Bureau of 201,846 and about 58% of the population works as a civilian.
- The housing community offers some homeowners associations and some without, water-front properties, gated communities, golf view communities, single family homes and condominiums and so much more.
- The City has many family friendly entertainment businesses you can enjoy with the kiddos including Oxbow Eco-center, Beautiful Beaches, Club-Med Sandpiper Bay, Chuck E. Cheese, Super Play USA, AMC Movie Theatre, Defy Trampoline Park, A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery, and much more.
- Educating your child in port st lucie is flexible and I choose to homeschool, however parents can also choose to send their children to public school or private school
- Property taxes vary depending on the property you decide to purchase however, according to the City of Port St Lucie, in average, the typical Port St. Lucie residential property was charged about $561 in 2015, plus about another $400 in fees for city stormwater drainage and trash pickup services.
- There are several options to choose when decided on the quickest want to commute throughout the city. Drivers may choose, state road I-95, Midway Road which was recently widened to allow a better flow of traffic, which runs east and west and is right off, the Florida Turnpike, US-highway 1, and Crosstown Parkway Bridge which recently was remodeled and extended allowing commuters to easily get to US Highway 1.
- If you are a golfer or seeking to golf, there are so many golf courses in which one is able to choose including PGA Golf Club, The Champion Turf Club at St. James, St. Lucie Trail Golf Club, Saint Golf Course, Santa Lucie River Club and more.
- Restaurants are all over the City of Port St. Lucie, so wether you are seeking American, Peruvian, Mexican, Vegan, Seafood, Steakhouse, or Coffee shop, there is something for everybody.
So Tell me, what are you looking forward to doing when you visit Port St. Lucie?